"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." - Phil. 4:13

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's been a long time...

It's been a LONG time since I last blogged - I mean the last time I blogged was right after Frank and I got engaged and now we're only 73 days away from the wedding!

Last semester was just SO busy.  I thought the first semester of PA school was hard... well the second semester was even more stressful.  Add wedding planning to the mix and you've got crazy Catie!  Anyway, I made it through, thanks to my wonderful support system.

Frank and I are SO READY to get married!  We only have 1 more premarital counseling session, and everything for the wedding is set!  There are just a few small tasks left to accomplish before the big day!  WHOOP!  Engagement pictures are on the way, wedding dress bought and altered, decorations picked, vendors booked, and invitations are stamped, packed and ready to go... now time just needs to go faster!  It's crazy though - we thought we were in love the day Frank proposed, but our love just seems to grow more and more with each day.  God has shown us and taught us so much these past few months, it just amazes me.

Anyway, right now I'm in the full swing of the summer semester at school.  Thankfully, we only have 3 classes this semester - pharmacology II, health policy, and clinical research.  We also have other things planned for each month.  This month, I have been in the OR every morning, getting to observe, scrub in, and assist with all different types of surgeries.  It's been so fun, but very tiring.  I have 1 week left of OR, and I am thankful to start getting a little more sleep afterwards.  Next month, I will spend 2 mornings in the ER, practicing my H&P and oral reports.  The last month is inpatient month, with lots of different physical exam learning sessions and some simulation labs.  So, its just this semester and the fall semester then I'm done with classes!  Just clinicals and graduation after that!  YAY!

So, I'm going to try to get better at blogging again... I want to keep everyone updated about my life in Alabama!!  I'll post engagement pictures and more wedding details soon (since it's all I can think about)!

No comments:

Post a Comment